domingo, 9 de junio de 2013

Testimonios Peregrinos




“Walking the Camino” documentary

by Ivar Rekve
Several years ago, I heard of this documentary that was in the making about the Camino de Santiago. It was an independent production, funded mostly by private donations. It has taken Lydia several years, but now the 1 hour and 24 minute documentary is done. Last night I attended the european premiere in Santiago de Compostela.
Many of you might have seen “The Way” a film with Martin Sheen and his son Emilio Estevez. A fictional story that takes place on the Camino de Santiago. I thought it was quite good to be a Hollywood production, but with  a few strange bits. But overall, a good story. I have read in the forum that many show “The Way” to their friends and family to explain what the Camino is about… what it is they are considering walking. And until now, “The Way” was the best film out there to explain it.
After seeing “Walking the Camino” yesterday, I would recommend this over “The Way” if you are looking to see what the Camino is all about. For pilgrims thinking of walking, and for friends and family to see what this thing called the “Camino de Santiago” is all about. I myself, do not have a lot of camino experience, but I have listened and helped pilgrims online for almost 10 years, so I think I know what it is all about. This Camino documentary is as close to the real experience as you can get, without walking it.
The documentary follows 6 pilgrims on their walk along the Camino Francés. We follow then as they start out, get tired, blisters and overcome the obstacles they get confronted with, and finally arrives in Santiago. It is real… no dreamy everything-is-easy-and-great story. The Camino is hard, and you see it in this documentary.
If you are a Camino fan, or thinking of walking the Camino, I would highly recommend you to have a look at this film. Lydia is trying to sell the film to TV and movie theaters, so it is still unclear how you can see it where you live.
If you are interested, I would recommend to join their facebook page or e-mail newsletter for the latest updates. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario